Friday, March 31, 2017

The beautifully brilliant Chrysanthe Mum LIVE in "Art is a Drag"!

To know her is to love her . . .
Introducing the lovely Chrysanthe Mum!

Chrysanthe Mum is the fabulous drag queen hostessing at Smiling Bison during 'Art is a Drag 2017'



Chrysanthe Mum  is a featured hostess at The Smiling Bison during the art walk portion of the "Art is a Drag" event (6-9pm)


She will be performing in the "Art is a DRAG SHOW" program at the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center later that evening (9pm - 12midnight)
Getting to know Chrsanthe Mum
Questionnaire interview (3/31/2017)

Where were you born and raised? When did you move to where you are now?
My seed was planted in Casselberry Florida but I blossomed in Orlando

How did you get your drag name? Did you or do you have others?
My mother's name was Azalea. 
My first drag name was Veronica Heathers. In the early 90s I started doing more of a club kid look and wore flowered headpieces. 
Eventually I took to the name Chrysanthe Mum after my mother.

Glenn Pace as Chrysanthe Mum at the Smiling Bison for "Art is a Drag 2017"

When and why was the first time you did drag? How was it?
My first time in full drag was for a talent show at city lights, and I did Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky horror picture show. I was scared to death

What has been some of your career highlights?
I've had the privilege of playing some great characters for different events around Orlando throughout my drag career. The biggest highlight was last year I got to work the red carpet in New York City for the premiere of absolutely fabulous and me with my idols

Chrysanthe Mum & Saphyre L'Sweet Cardoza at the Smiling Bison for Art is a Drag

Name something on your bucket list?
To perform the role of brother boy from Sordid Lives, or perform in New York.

If you had a talk show, who would be your first guest? Why?Marilyn Monroe, she broke so many boundaries for women and became such an iconic figure. I'd like to thank her for being such an inspiration
Chrysanthe Mum will be at the Smiling Bison for "Art is a Drag 2017"
What is favorite thing about drag?
Breaking boundaries, I've always pushed the envelope when it comes to modern culture and so glad to see it's so widely accepted now. I love using my art to help charities and try to be a positive role model for young people today

What is your biggest drag pet peeve (for yourself and others)?
No nails or hip pads, it just completes the look.

How has drag changed since you started and where do you see it heading?
Drag was a sub-culture of its own when I first started and now it widely accepted! The sky is the limit, I love seeing what young queens are doing with their looks!

Who are some of your drag inspirations?
Divine, Harvey Fierstein, Miss Sammy , Lypsinka

Any advice for the 'Art is a Drag' team on how we could do all this better?
You all are amazing!

Chrysanthe Mum FaceBook
Chrysanthe Mum Instagram
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come to downtown Sanford on April 15 to experience great art and great drag during "Art is a Drag"!

#Art #CostumeDesign #Creativity #Artist #ArtisaDrag #ArtWorks #DragQueen #Drag #PerformanceArt #Paintings #ContemporaryArt #Diversity #EqualRights #Tolerance #RiseUp #LiveandLetLive #OrlandoStrong #LGBTQ #Pride #CentralFloridaStrong