Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Eleanora Diamond in "Art is a Drag"

Eleanora Diamond will be at the Center of Wellness in "Art is a Drag 2017"

You can visit with Eleanora Diamond at the Center of Wellness from 6-9pm during the Art Walk portion of the event. Then hop over to the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center to see her perform in the "Art is a DRAG SHOW" program from 9pm-midnight.


Highlights from 1/28/2017 interview with Diego Larenas

How did you start in drag?
I started drag 4 years ago in West Hollywood California. Morgan McMichaels from Rupaul's Drag Race gave me my very first name.

How did that happen?
I went to the club and she specifically said that I had the bone structure to be a beautiful drag queen. I didn't believe her because I thought I was ugly. Another guy came to my house and painted me, dressed me and we went to the club. 
When Morgan saw me she named me Krystyl Pyrce, spelled with all 'y's.
 In time, I fell in love with doing it and perfected my drag with YouTube videos. Eventually I came up with a new name that is more stylish and more glamorous - Eleanora Diamond.

How long is your getting ready process?
This specific look took me an hour and 30 minutes. If I'm rushing I can get all this done in under an hour. The most it has ever taken is 4 hours. 

What would be your favorite Grinder pick-up line?
When I had a Grinder, my tagline was "Bananas" and that always started a conversation because people wanted to see my banana. "Hey, can I see your bananas?"

If you had a talk show, show would be your first guest?
My first guest would have to be my own mother. Next would be Lady Gaga and Hilary Duff.

What would ask Mom as a guest on your talk show?
I would ask about her first thoughts when I came out as gay. I would ask how was she able to evolve with her view on the LGBT community. I also want to hear her thoughts about when I came out 2 years later as a drag queen. And then I want to hear her view now, now that I am a professional drag queen.

Has she ever talked to you about it?
All the time! My mom loves it! She comes to see my shows. She even goes so far as to get a big wad of cash and give it to her husband and go up there. But because he's really shy around drag queens he usually makes her do it. 
Me and my mom look exactly alike and we talk the same. Her voice matches my voice. We are the same person. If I put my mom in drag, we literally would look like the same person. 

If you were to go back in time, what would you tell your 15 year old self?
I would tell my 15 year old self to NOT hoar around and to wear protection during sexual relations. The most important thing I would tell myself is to be more confident before I hit high school,  at least  before 10th grade. It would have been helpful to have known thatcriticisms come from jealousy. 
I would also tell myself to be more genuine, more polite, more humble, because I was kinda an ass hole when I was 15.

Who is your celebrity crush?
Oof, I have SO MANY! 
I don't even know their names . . . they're black and they're tall. 
My new #1 celebrity crush is the guy that plays the Black Panther on the Avengers - he is everything I like. He is perfect - black and muscular with that deep African accent. I just want to eat his face!

#ArtisaDrag #Art #DragQueen #Drag #PerformanceArt #Paintings #ContemporaryArt #Diversity #EqualRights #Tolerance #RiseUp #LiveandLetLive #OrlandoStrong #LGBTQ