Friday, March 10, 2017

Divine Grace in "Art is a Drag 2017"

Divine Grace in "Art is a Drag 2017"

Divine Grace is a super-star drag queen who is adored 
and sometimes feared by her fans. 
Come to historic downtown Sanford, Florida on April 15 to meet Divine and you'll be a fan too!

Chad Pace aka the fierce Divine Grace is a featured drag queen in 'Art is a Drag' in downtown Sanford, Florida.

Divine Grace will be a featured hostess at the Gallery On First along with Miss Sammy and Bridgette Galore from 6-9pm.


She will then hit her second shift performing in the "Art is a DRAG SHOW" at the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center from 9pm - 12midnight.



Highlights from 1/28/2017 interview with Diego Larenas


When did you start drag?

Back in the 1900s, before the turn of the century. 

Actually it was Thanksgiving of 1992. I was with my friends and got a wild hair up my ass to go to the local gay bar and just do it. 

I had been performing in Rocky Horror Picture Show for a couple of years before as Frank-N-Furter, so I was no stranger to heels and whatnot.

But looking back on it ... I walked in feeling really grand and looking like a total mess! Literally someone pulled me backstage to run some powder over my face since I looked like I had been bobbing for french fries cuz I was using liquid foundation - that was the 90s. 


How did you get your drag name?
It was given to me. I am a Bette Midler impersonator. The bar owner who hired me said "Let's keep the Divine" and then another drag queen in the room chimed in a said "Let's call her Divine Grace like a nun - ha, ha" and it stuck.



If you had a talk show, who would be your first guest?
Well, I do have a talk show. I have a podcast called 'Full of Grace' on Mixlr.com, also available on Podomatic and I-Tunes
Our first celebrity guest was comedian America's gaysian sweetheart Alec Mapa ("Ugly Betty, "Desperate Housewives")

Full of Grace radio show by Divine Grace. Divine Grace is a featured Drag Queen in Art is a Drag in Sanford, Florida

How did that go?

It was fantastic!

It's always super easy to interview comedians because their talkers by nature. 

The last one that we had was Ann Walker, who played LeVonda in Sordid Lives
She is a highly political, very charged spit-fire of a woman. 

Most of the time I love having guests that don't make me do any of the heavy lifting. I ask a question and they just run.




If you had grinder, what would be your pick-up line?
Plays well with others


What is one pet peeve when doing drag?
Lashes. I hate them and I'll tell you why. I use a lot of liquid liner and then will completely screw up 2 hours worth of work doing my lashes. The other is peeve is corsets. It literally takes me about 20 minutes to allow my organs shift. If I don't give myself enough time, when I drink I can feel it travel through. At this point, you'd think it would just be easier to diet.
________________________________________________________________________

Divine Grace is a featured drag queen in 'Art is a Drag' in downtown Sanford, Florida
Divine Grace has an extensive career in theatre both on the stage and behind the scenes that began in the 90s when studying Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts at the the North Carolina School of the Arts (although it really began in a bedroom in front of a mirror long before that).


Divine's LinkedIn really explains her talent and work best, especially her bi-line .... 
Caustically-humorous and loquacious tranny clown with a prodigious vocabulary, a big mouth, and no filter.
  • Tyrannical Queen with Fabology Enterprises, LLC, 2009 – Present
  • Actor/ Actress who has appeared in local, regional, and touring productions as well as major motion pictures.
  • Comedienne known for her scathing awards show play-by-plays as featured on OUT RADIO's "The Frank DeCaro Show" on SIRIUSXM
  • Author of "Random Acts of Divineness" 
  • 25+ years Costume Design & Construction, Theatrical design for drag, community, and regional theatre
  • Emcee & Recognized brand
One of the best descriptions of Divine Grace to date in our humble opinion was written by Brandon Lacy Campos in 2009 
Divine Grace is a truth speaker. In her writings and her rantings, she uses comedy pushed to the edges and astute insight and an absurdly powerful gift of stripping the shit from the shingle and serving it up as a delightful cocktail for your funny bone in order to dissect the ugly of the world and reveal it for what it is. I am in awe of Divine Grace.

We are lucky and thrilled to have the brilliant Divine Grace in "Art is a Drag 2017"

#ArtisaDrag #Art #DragQueen #Drag #PerformanceArt #Paintings #ContemporaryArt #Diversity #EqualRights #Tolerance #RiseUp #LiveandLetLive #OrlandoStrong #LGBTQ