Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Ashley Satine holds court during "Art is a Drag"

On April 15, 2017, Ashley Satine will be a hosting an array of activities at Rabbitfoot Record Store Cafe during the Art Walk portion of 'Art is a Drag', 6-9pm.



At 9pm, run over to the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center for a classic drag extravaganza to see Ashely and 12 other featured drag queens perform and entertain you.











Ashley was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, went to high school in Orlando and moved to Sanford 12 years ago. 

Today she is drag-performer and the Owner/Operator of Satine Productions, a business of producing drag productions for commission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlights from 1/28/2017 interview with Diego Larenas

How did you start in drag?
I started drag based upon a dare given me 15 years ago and we've been doing it ever since. 
I was told I had a pretty face and was dared to try it, so i did.

How was it for you the first time?
It was fun. It was a new experience. Back then, someone did my makeup for me. I got it done at Mac. My first dress was a white gown. It was a club called Snappers in Naples, Florida.

How did you get your drag name?
My real middle name is Ashley and I loved the character of Satine from Moulin Rouge.

How long have you been in Sanford?
12 years now. I started out in the original First Street Lounge here in town. I've performed a little bit everywhere, but I fell in the love with this town and never left. 
This town has really blossomed since I've been here. 

If you had a talk show, who would be your first guest?
If we could bring people back who've passed, I'd like to talk to Patrick Swayze. A lot of Ashley's characteristics were inspired from Vida Boheme in To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar (1995). He was a very good entertainer.
Next, of course,  would be RuPaul and Lady Chablis.

If you could travel to the past or the future, which, when and why?
The past. We were just in Europe and I would love to see what it was really like during the French Restoration, to meet Marie Antoinette. 

Come to downtown Sanford on April 15 to meet Ashley Satine during "Art is a Drag"!


#ArtisaDrag #Art #DragQueen #Drag #PerformanceArt #Paintings #ContemporaryArt #Diversity #EqualRights #Tolerance #RiseUp #LiveandLetLive #OrlandoStrong #LGBTQ