Monday, March 13, 2017

Let Tiffany Blue brighten you mood

Tiffany Blue in "Art is a Drag 2017"



 Tiffany will be a hostess at the Center of Wellness with her gal-pal Eleanora Diamond during the Art Walk portion of 'Art is a Drag', 6-9pm.

At 9pm, run over to the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center for a classic drag extravaganza to watch Tiffany and 12 other featured drag queens perform and entertain you.

Tiffany Blue is a talented costume-maker and a breakout Drag Queen.
Meet Tiffany on April 15 in historic downtown Sanford and experience both of these talents in person.

Tiffany Blue grew up in Middleton, Orange County, New York, a small town 70 miles north of the Big Apple. She moved to Ocala, Florida 8 years ago, where she still lives today. 

Tiffany (Dennis Vedock) is the owner/operator of DV Couture LLC a costume design brand that specializes in sewing custom costumes for Drag Queens, Drag Kings, and the extra fabulous.

You can often see Tiffany Blue in Ocala as a regular performer at The Copa Nightclub and The Pub.

Highlights from 1/28/2017 interview with Diego Larenas

How did you start in drag?
Actually my husband was in drag first and I started making his costumes. I was going to the shows every weekend, so I was in the scene and always thinking "I should do it too". 
When I finally did it, it was amazing and changed my life. That was a year and a half ago.

How did you meet your husband?
We met at work. We were both working for Target. We moved down here about three years ago. 

How did you get your drag name?
Tiffany Blue is my sister’s alias for when she goes out clubbing - it's the name she gives guys she doesn't want to talk to.
It does have a little more meaning to it though . . .  My husband wanted to be proposed to under the Eiffel Tower with a Tiffany ring. 

If you had a talk show who would be your first guest?
Beyoncé. I would want to ask her what her motivation is

Celebrity crush?
Seth Rogen. (Eleanora chimes in ... "He likes big boys with hairy bellies and beards. His husband’s as such") 

If you could travel to the past or the future, which, when and why?
Definitely the future. The past is the past and I won't to change anything. I'm very happy where I'm at and the decisions that I've made. I would go to the future to gain some insight.

Tell me about your costume designing?
I started sewing about 8 years ago out of need, because I'm really tall and lean and it's so hard to find clothes that fit me well. I went to fashion design school. The direction my sewing has taken is all based on the drag world now. 

This piece you're wearing for the photoshoot today, how does something like this begin?
You see a fabric and you dream about it.


#ArtisaDrag #Art #DragQueen #Drag #PerformanceArt #Paintings #ContemporaryArt #Diversity #EqualRights #Tolerance #RiseUp #LiveandLetLive #OrlandoStrong #LGBTQ